Thursday 2 August 2012

Welcome

I have lately been working on text mining and summarisation of social media, with focus on Twitter. This, I must say, is my favourite (micro-)blogging platform, as there I only need to write 140 characters, which is easily achievable on the bus home. As a researcher, I frequently write papers, do presentations, and give talks, so often I kind of feel like I have ran out of words, hence my fascination with brevity, summarisation, and Twitter.

After several years of deliberation, I have finally decided to take the plunge and try blogging too, mostly in my capacity as one of the longer serving in-mates of the GATE (http://gate.ac.uk) research team. I will be posting about our research projects, papers, talks, and collaborations, so it could get a tad self-centred and technical after a while. I will try my best not to give you reasons to unfollow me, but for a much more entertaining take on text analytics I can point you to  Hamish Cunningham's Computing Text blog

No comments:

Post a Comment